Merge and CB:youth focused on devotionals at the weekend. We all know how difficult it can be to set aside time to commune with God. The youth shared ideas and tips to help each other and we thought it might be good to gather your thoughts and advice on devotionals.
Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.
- Write a prayer list/journal
- Regular routine
- Pray with others (WhatApps group with friends/coffee and prayer dates)
- Choose a time when you are not tired
- Pray through Bible passages
As most of you are aware we have just finished a series on Sundays nights about Pauls Prayers, and they are really useful too.
Bible reading and Study
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.
- Use phone/apps/study Bibles
- Short passages at a time
- Study with a friend or a group
- Keep a journal
- Tell others about it to be kept accountable
“I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.”
- Sing verses
- Create games
- Print out large
- Colour with pictures related to text
- Place in areas you see daily (mirrors or screensavers)
We looked at various other ways in which we can set aside time with God daily; fasting, worship songs, sermons, silence and journaling. We hope and pray that we all have a desire for daily devotions. Let us encourage each other in our walk with God and challenge ourselves to help others, especially our young people, in their devotions.
If you have any advice to share with our youth then please leave a comment below.